Response to Hurricane Florence Update
Thanks for your generosity which we celebrate! What an outpouring of love we have received. To date we have raised over $2,100.00 for Hurricane Relief efforts through the Presbytery of New Hope and we’ve packed at least 4 cleaning supply buckets being used as homes get “mucked” out–plus quite a few left over supplies. Those buckets will be delivered to a pick-up location for the Presbytery on October 8th. We will no longer focus on cleaning supplies unless we get updates needing such from the Presbytery.
Our response now shifts to the following priorities:
1) Continued prayer for those affected and those responding
2) Donations of nonperishable food items for Operation Blessing, NC. You can also bring items such as diapers, baby formula and even pet food and leaving. Donations can be left in the church narthex, Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm, and Sunday mornings, 9:30am-12:00pm. We will collect these items through October 28.
3) Financial donations are still acceptable as well. Any financial gift you make will be sent to the Presbytery of New Hope; 100% will go directly to rebuilding efforts rather than administrative or staffing costs. If you make a gift by check, please write it to Presbytery of New Hope and put “Hurricane Florence” in the memo line so that it can be directed properly. You can turn in a gift to the church office or put it in the offering plate.
Jesus tells us in the Gospel of Matthew that as we respond to the needs of our neighbors, we are demonstrating our love for him. Thank you for your generosity and many gifts!
At the First Presbyterian Church of Garner, we strive to honor the first and second “greatest commandments.” We express our love for our Creator and Savior by…
- Providing meaningful experiences of worship,
- Expressing our beliefs through Christ-centered ministries,
- Serving as generous stewards of our blessings,
- Sharing our faith, and
- Using our gifts to care for others.
Our love of God leads us to nurture one another, the community, and the world through prayer, visits, mission trips, and personal support. Our congregation is a vital, friendly, mission-focused community of faith that offers ministries and activities for young and old. We are a church for people of all ages and for every stage of faith. We welcome new faces and the challenges of new ideas. We’re delighted that you’re visiting our website. We invite you to join with us for worship and fellowship.